Friday, July 13, 2007

Ode To Our Dogs


They are always happy, bring a smile to our faces no matter what the situation and love us unconditionally. No wonder they are known as man's (and woman's) best friend!

Take a peak at some special words about our beloved furry friends in the new segment us here at Polka Dot Pup like to call "Ode To Our Dogs":


Dogs Live Here

If you don't want to be greeted with paws and wiggly rears,
Don't come inside, because DOGS LIVE HERE.

If you don't like the feel of a cold nose or wet tongue,
Don't come inside, because DOGS LIVE HERE.

If you don't want to step over scattered toys,
Don't come inside, because DOGS LIVE HERE.

If you think a home ought to smell like perfume,
Don't come inside, because DOGS LIVE HERE.

But if you don't mind all this,
you'll be instantly loved when you do come inside,
Because DOGS LIVE HERE!

- Author Unknown



My Dog's Tail

What put the wiggle in a little dog's tail
I'd like to know!
That gay little wiggle, that glad little waggle - How did it grow?

It starts in his mind and it runs out behind
To the tip of his tail, and then
That glad little waggle, that gay little wiggle
Begins all over again.

The day may be sunny or dark with rain,
The wiggle is there just the same;
It needs just a whistle to set it a-wiggle
Or the sound of his favorite name.

No doubt I shall never, in any way ever
Find out how that wiggle got there,
But I'm very sure, while tails shall endure,
That tail will wig-wag in the air!

- Arthur Wallace Peach / All the Best Dog Poems



The Bed Puppy

Now I lay me down to sleep,
The king-size bed is soft and deep..
I sleep right in the center groove
My human cannot hardly move!

I've trapped her legs, she's tucked in tight
And here is where I pass the night
No one disturbs me or dares intrude
Till morning comes and "I want food!"

I sneak up slowly to begin
my nibbles on my human's chin.
She wakes up quickly,
I have sharp teeth -

I'm a puppy, don't you see?
For the mornings here
and it's time to play
always seem to get my way.

So thank you Lord for giving me
This human person that I see.
The one who hugs me and holds me tight
And sacrifices her bed at night!

-Author Unknown



Ode to a Dog

You are one in a million & special to me.
Affectionate, loyal, such good company.

You're there when I'm lonely & life seems a bore.
You cheer me & offer a comforting paw.

The look in your eyes says you quite understand
as you thrust a bewhiskered wet nose in my hand.

You never desert me wherever I go.
You're a far better friend than some people I know.

To thank you I give you this short monologue
My Faithful, Devoted Companion - My Dog!

- Unknown

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site! Adding you to our blog roll as we speak.

Anonymous said...

Dogs are great companions.

Products on Polka Dot Pup

Interested in seeing your dog products blogged about on Polka Dot Pup? Would you like to put Vixen to the test with your products in a chance to have them featured in our Polka Dot Product Pick Segment?

For information on how to send product samples, please contact us at:
Polkadotpupblog@aol.com